How to clean a vaporizer by yourself
The best time to clean is right after your session, and it’s actually fun to do while feeling the effects. If you make it part of your ritual, your device will always be ready and clean when you want to get lifted.
- Make sure your vaporizer is off and not too hot
- Remove the mouthpiece from your device
- Use a brush to get rid of any excess debris from the herb chamber
- Dampen a cotton Q-tip with alcohol and scrub the inside of the chamber until it’s clean
- Dampen a pipe cleaner with alcohol and snake it through the inside of the vapor path until it’s clean (hold the device up to the light to see if the walls get clean)
Cleaning your device is important! Residue can build up which causes uneven vaporization. It’s okay if you let it go a few sessions without cleaning, but don’t let it go too long or it will be much harder to clean. A dirty vaporizer doesn’t perform well.
How to sanitize your vape
Before using your vape, it is highly advised that you follow these steps first. Some devices that are fresh off the assembly line can have residual machine oils used during production. It has a funny smell and taste, which can ruin your experience. It’s best to be on the safe side and sanitize a vaporizer before the first use.
- Do a burn-off: This eliminates any residual machine oil by letting it run for 3-4 heating cycles with an empty chamber.
- Clean the vapor path: The path the vapor travels before reaching your mouth by running the pipe cleaner or cotton swab through it.
- Cleaning the mouthpiece: Remove, soak in alcohol, wipe, rinse and dry. If you have any other non-electronic pieces that are removable, you can utilize this same process.
- Replacing the bag: If you’re using a desktop vaporizer, replace the bag when it gets discolored or sticky from cannabis resin.